Food Production Manager 2
- Location: Winona Lake, In, United States
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Company: Sodexo
- Industry: Accommodation
Join a great team where people are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo Universities is seeking an Food Production Manager 2 to support Campus Dining locations at Grace College located in beautiful Winona Lake, IN! This individual will oversee culinary operation at our main dining hall. The position will operate within the Dining Leadership team and report to the Executive Chef 3 while working within Resident Dining. Valid drivers license required.
Relocation is available!!
Reporting to the General Manager, this Production Manager will assist the Campus Dining Team with menu management, ordering and inventory processes, scheduling support, training and HACCP standards. Hands on production, culinary support and oversight of quality.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of daily food operations and deliver a high-quality product;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals to include oversight of cash-handling and the POS system;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly) staff; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met to include compliance with company food and physical safety programs.
- Oversee the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- Plan and implement special events and market retail locations
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you? At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.What We Offer:
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.Position Summary:
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety. Key Duties- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standardsQualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent Basic Management Experience - 1 year Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.