Registered Dietitian 1
- Location: Galveston, Tx, United States
- Date Posted:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Company: Sodexo
- Industry: Accommodation
Your nutritional know-how can help patients in your community live happier, healthier lives.
Sodexo is seeking a full time Registered Dietitian to come join their dynamic team at The University of Texas Medical Branch, located in Galveston, TX. This position is for a Pediatric Outpatient Clinic and will be working with the pediatric endocrinology team.
The UTMB Health system of care includes hospitals and emergency departments on four campuses, a network of primary and specialty care clinics, urgent care and walk-in services, and collaborations with physicians throughout Galveston and Brazoria counties, the Bay Area and Southeast Texas. UTMB embraces a Best Care philosophy, which means that UTMB is committed to making sure each patient receives the right care for the best possible results. UTMB is an academic medical center with a global reputation where healthcare providers share their knowledge, provide the most advanced treatment options and contribute to leading-edge research.
Position offers sign on bonus of $1500.00
Reporting to the system Clinical Nutrition Manager. The ideal candidate will:
- be able to perform nutrition-focused physical exams, provide nutrition support recommendations and nutrition education as needed; prior experience in pediatrics a plus
- monitor and evaluate patient care outcomes on an ongoing basis;
- participate in departmental, clinical, and other meetings related to areas of practice;
- precept dietetic interns and support CNM in corresponding with internship programs;
- utilize electronic medical records (experience with Epic Electronic System preferred) within the practice environment and be familiar with the Nutrition Care Process;
- have a strong focus on driving outstanding patient satisfaction results and driving process improvement activities;
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- stay current with the scientific literature and support the clinical nutrition team, other healthcare providers, students in university programs, foodservice staff, patients, and families in understanding nutrition strategies to support and improve quality of life and clinical outcomes;
- be an excellent communicator and have the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team;
- be able to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment.
- Eligible for Registered Dietitian exam and able to obtain TX licensure
Learn more about University of Texas Medical Branch at https://www.utmbhealth.com/.
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Not the job for you? At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.What We Offer:
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate's education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate's specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.Position Summary:
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition servicesKey Duties-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met. -Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy. -Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary. -Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice. -Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..Qualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - Meets eligibility requirements for certification as a Registered DietitianSodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.